Friday, March 7, 2008

Status Quo


Here I am...living in the most prosperous country in the world, or so they say. Compared to some, I have plenty...a place to live, clothes on my back, food in my mouth. A supportive girlfriend to live with. Even with all that...which many would trade their situation with mine, life is lacking.
I have lived the homeless life, so I understand how lucky I am. But I don't feel lucky. They say money can't buy happiness; it seems like it takes money at least to have a life. I don't want to just exist.
If I had it all to do over again, I guess maybe I would still take what I've got. Even with all I have been through in life, and that has been much. But something is missing, especially with the way the American economy now stands.
I could rant about everything that is wrong with the status quo, and that I plan to do. Because I know that I am not the only one. Everyone needs an outlet, and maybe here we can at least get some of the daily stresses out.
So, please visit here and tell me your story...mine will follow in due time. Just maybe we can overcome our situations and make a difference for ourselves. Because our life affects others, we need to focus on not only helping ourselves, but others as well. At least we can try.

No comments: